Board Basics 4
Exam Prep Strategies and Content Review
Board Basics 3 is useful for both certification and recertification. For an intensive ABIM board review, try this 350-page book and companion digital app, filled with crucial material you should review right before taking your exam.
This ABIM board review digest can help you:
- Avoid Being Tricked: Incorrect answers that masquerade as correct choices.
- Test Yourself: Abbreviated case histories.
- Study Tables: Tie concepts together to prepare you for related questions.
Since 1968, MKSAP has helped physicians measure their individual knowledge in the broad specialty of internal medicine.
The 17th edition of Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program (MKSAP 17) is specifically intended for physicians who provide personal, nonsurgical care to adults. Included are: general internists and primary care physicians; subspecialists who need to remain up-to-date in internal medicine; residents preparing for the Certification Exam in internal medicine; physicians preparing for the Maintenance of Certification Exam in internal medicine.
The learning objectives of MKSAP 17 are to:
* Close gaps between actual care in your practice and preferred standards of care, based on best evidence.
* Diagnose disease states that are less common and sometimes overlooked and confusing.
* Improve management of comorbid conditions that can complicate patient care.
* Determine when to refer patients for surgery or care by subspecialists.
* Pass the ABIM Certification Examination and the ABIM Maintenance of Certification Examination.
Series: Medical Knowledge Self-Assessment Program (MKSAP)
Publisher: American College of Physicians; 17 edition (September 30, 2015)