Murtagh General Practice, 8th Edition 2022
Sold worldwide and translated into 13 languages, John Murtagh’s General Practice is widely recognised as the gold standard reference for general practice and primary health care. Its emphasis on the importance of clinical reasoning, early diagnosis and treatment makes this the essential reference for medical students, trainees and general practitioners.
Written by renowned general practitioners and educators, and with all content reviewed for currency by leading experts, the eighth edition provides fundamental knowledge and skills required for the challenging field of general practice.
• Diagnostic strategy models for common presenting problems, including diagnostic triads
• Clinical frameworks, including management and treatment
• Evidence-based research, with all content reviewed for currency by leading experts
• Extensive coverage of mental health, health promotion, women’s health, and paediatric and geriatric care
New to this edition:
• New chapters on obesity, mood disorders, breast disorders, and traveller’s health and tropical medicine
• Updated and new information on genetic disorders, chronic pain and infectious diseases, including acute respiratory distress syndrome with reference to coronaviruses and COVID-19
• Restructure of table of contents to allow for easier navigation
About the authors
John Murtagh is Emeritus Professor in General Practice at Monash University; Professional Fellow of General Practice at the University of Melbourne; and Adjunct Clinical Professor in the Graduate School of Medicine, University of Notre Dame.
Jill Rosenblatt is a general practitioner and was Adjunct Senior Lecturer in the School of Primary Health Care at Monash University. She received a Distinguished Service Award of the RACGP in 2014. Jill has a wealth of rural and urban medical experience.
Justin Coleman is a general practitioner in the Tiwi Islands and was Senior Lecturer at Flinders University. He’s on the Editorial Advisory Board of Diabetes Management Journal, a member of Choosing Wisely Australia (NPS) and a prolific writer for a number of publications.
Clare Murtagh is a general practitioner in Sydney. She holds postgraduate qualifications in Dermatology, Medical Education, and Sexual and Reproductive Health.
Publisher : McGraw Hill / Australia; 8th edition (2 December 2021)
Language : English
Hardcover : 1600 pages
ISBN-10 : 1743768230
ISBN-13 : 978-1743768235